We are looking for a driven Java Back End Architect to join our Madrid home.
Are the topics below on your list of interests?
Software architecture? Micro services? Cloud?
Distributed, scalable and resilient in systems with millions of daily transactions?
Availability and resilience in 24/7 systems? Performance tuning? Chaos engineering?
System design? Domain-driven design?
Hexagonal architectures? Event-driven architectures?
Technologies such as Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, BigTable, ElasticSearch, BigQuery, Redis, Spark?
If so, this might be a good opportunity!
What you will do:
- Drive the technical evolution of one or more backend services in our platform
- Be the go-to person for lead engineers and senior Java developers for all questions regarding coding, design and tools
- Collaborate with multiple backend teams (~30 developers)
- Help business and product in scoping and phasing ideas already in their backlogs
- Contribute ideas to backlogs to help business and product teams with their challenges
- Mentor lead and senior engineers in their technical growth
- Work with other architects in cross-team, company-level technical initiatives
- Software coding (Java), design patterns, architecture and performance engineering
- Excellent communication skills, with technical and non-technical people
- Assertiveness and influencing: able to get your point across and challenge those of others in a calm and positive manner
- 5+ years of backend development experience in Java
- Expert knowledge in common backend protocols, methodologies, patterns and technologies, such as REST, RPC, dependency injection frameworks, transactional systems, or design patterns
- Experience designing software systems or micro-services
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
What do we offer?
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription of O'Reilly Online Learning.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, 24 days of holiday +2 extra days off, etc.).
- Personal career path programs.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit and coffee for all (with many types of milk alternatives) and a significant Anjoy discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
- Special discounts in local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Madrid.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.